From cake convicts to peel pointers, here’s a boiled down list of this week’s headlines:
- Pastry Perpetrators: Vehicles and front yards in Portland, OR have been vandalized with cakes, doughnuts, yogurts and breads.
- Waste Not, Want Not: An infographic from Sustainable America presents 10 nifty uses for banana peels, which constitute 780 million pounds of waste in the U.S.
- Preservation Society: Blake Lively debuted her new lifestyle site, and lots of sites have things to say about it. The Washington Post then came up with a few ideas for male celebrity sites.
- Binge Cycle: Tour de France competitors eat around 6,000 to 9,000 calories per day, and many employ personal chefs to help them do so.
- Where You Can Have it This Way: Buzzfeed has an awesome interactive sliding tool to compare fast food promotional photos to their actual appearance.