From start-up chefs to worlds without bees, here’s a boiled down list of this week’s headlines:
- Don’t Pass the Salt: The FDA plans to team up with food companies and restaurants to reduce Americans’ high sodium intake.
- Safety First: A Virginia law firm found that food trucks in seven US cities receive fewer health citations than restaurants.
- To Share or Not to Share: The Huffington Post suggests than you not distribute your homemade ice cream. One adult’s green tea mochi is another kid’s grass.
- Lunch Break: In-house chefs and food programs have become integral to Silicon Valley start-ups.
- Where Would We Bee?: Whole Foods reveals what our culinary world would look like without pollinators. They’re even hosting “Bee-Ins” tomorrow to teach people more.