Ski lodge offerings have come a long way over the years and it’s actually possible to find some healthy options … for a pretty penny. Better yet, stash a few portable picks in your multipocket ski jacket, and then snack away on the chairlift.
#1: Granola bar
Choose a soft granola bar so it won’t crumble if you take a spill.
- Kashi Chewy Granola Bars Honey Almond Flax
- Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Cherry
- KIND Fruit & Nut Almond and Apricot (above)
Get an extra boost of protein and calcium from single-serving cheeses. (Just zip a piece in the pocket of your ski attire — it’s cold enough outside to keep it safe to eat throughout the day!)
- The Laughing Cow Mini Baby Bel
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella String Cheese (above)
- Cabot Serious Sharp Cheddar Cheese (individually wrapped)
#3: Trail Mix
Make your own crunchy mix of nuts, dried fruit and whole-grain cereal. Pack in a resealable plastic bag for a quick grab-and-go bite while on the line for your next trip up the mountain. You can also opt to buy premade trail mix or pack nuts or dried fruit on their own.